Your Farchant “Gästekarte” (Tourist Pass) and “Kurbeitrag” (resort fee)
The Farchant “Gästekarte” (Tourist Pass), entitles you to numerous cost-free and discounted products and services in Farchant and the other towns in the Zugspitzland vacation region.
Good Quality – Good Price: the “Gästekarte” (Tourist Pass)
Your host will give you the “Gästekarte Farchant ” (Tourist Pass) after you complete the registration form on your arrival. In the event that you are not given a registration form, please inform the Tourist Information Center immediately so they can give you your “Gästekarte” (Tourist Pass). Second passes are also available here.
Your Farchant “Gästekarte/Visitor Card” (Tourist Pass) includes all of the following benefits:
“Kurbeitrag” (resort fee)
Why do I have to pay a resort fee in Farchant?
The resort fee is not a hidden tax or other fee that lands in the town’s coffers, but rather a small contribution that is fully used for facilities and services that benefit you and are intended to enhance your vacation. It is used to finance the operation and maintenance of the following facilities:
- Use of the community busses to Garmisch-Partenkirchen free of charge
- free use of the RVO buses throughout the Oberland region
- Summer hiking trails and groomed winter hiking trails
- Benches along the way for resting
- Cross-country ski tracks
- Guided hikes, concerts by Farchant's local band, forest fests, and many other events
We charge the following per overnight stay and person:
- Age 16 and over: € 2.80
- Age 6 and over: € 1.00
- Persons with a certificate of disability of over 80%: € 1.00
- Persons with a certificate of disability of 100 % are exempt from the fee.
Persons accompanying a handicapped person (entered in the certificate) are exempt from the fee.